Monday, September 15, 2008

are you ready for some.... choir?

I have a fundamentals of nursing I test tomorrow..... at 11 am..... and here I sit.... In the choir room. I think I made a mistake. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like choir most of the time. But this specific class of choir.... I think it was a mistake. I should have just registered for the musical credits. Mondays from 6-8 pm I have "area chorale." People from around the area can come in and sing in a choir. Well I couldn't do voice ensemble along with the normal college choir, so for the one credit I needed, i did this choir instead. I've gone to one day, and I want to kill some members. Old bitties.... most of them.... but one in particular "grinds my gears"..... I'm guessing she is an instructor at a high school. Older, way fugly..... the usual. Ok, so us sopranos go of into the unknown of sectionals, and she takes charge. Only she is letting us sing the wrong note.... BOO HER! THE 2 COLLEGE GIRLS NOTICE IT! Anywho.... when we get to the end of another song (sectional over with).... there is a high note, a slightely lower note, and second soprano note. The choir instructor (the real one) usually doesn't like a really loud sound up top, they should "float." So who but high school music teacher jumps onto it like a cat onto a real mouse full of blood and catnip! (Morbid I know)..... DRIVING ME CRAZY this woman is..... and to be honest... she isn't that good......
Moving on..... As you can plainly see I've decided to start writing again after almost 2 years hiatus..... take all the old stuff off, put up the new..... YAY ME! new stuff all around.....
As for the Musical.... Camelot to be exact.... I am trying to get over my fear of everything and get some confidence. So, this is me..... in a musical...... on a stage.... dancing in a medieval dress...... Thank you very much, I'll be here all week! Yeah I'm kind of worried about it because we have to learn most of it on our own, no scheduled rehearsal times...... yeah..... and you should see the music..... itsl ike someone took plain computer paper and wrote it all in! with a pen.... free hand..... yes... rather annoying....
Well T-minus 10 minutes until choir starts so I best get the computer down off my lap and the folder of the lamest music ever onto it. The theme is Americana (which isn't america, duh).... ready? Buffalo gals won't you come out tonight? ........

No comments:

Post a Comment