Sunday, November 02, 2008

I wish it was 1993 again....

Last week.... or maybe it was two weeks ago.... I don't know..... A few people from the Camelot cast were talking and old TV shows came up.... I started talking about this show that I absolutely loved..... Princess Gwenevere and the jewel riders.... I saw it exactly 2 times, but I was so enthralled with it that I remember the theme song (well a part of it anyways).... Everyone thought it was funny that I knew that over fraggle rock..... I could have sworn up and down that I had never seen a fraggle rock episode in my life..... but then, tonight on Adult Swim, Robot Chicken did a Fraggle Rock/Watership Down sketch..... and the fraggle rock stuff looked really familiar..... so I youtubed it.... and it looked WAY familiar.... so I assume now that I've seen an episode, just didn't find it that great....so I started youtubing all the old theme songs to shows I used to watch.... care bears, rainbow brite, princess gwenevere (et al.), she ra, fraggle rock, mighty max..... it made me wish that is all i had to worry about was if max was going to escape the danger...... I remember laying in my mom's bed, in the morning before school, drinking hot chocolate watching mighty max..... boooooooo adult life.....

5 comments:

  1. You were how old in 1993?

    The old one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainbow Brite
    See the shining light
    Yes I'm gonna take ya to Rainbow Brite

    Starlite flies
    Right before your eyes
    And rainbow colors will cheer you up

    Ah Yes.... I love the old cartoons... I would vote for 1989.

    I know that you have seen Fraggle Rock because I used to watch it all of the time. Although you were pretty young then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just looked up Princess Gwenevere and the jewel riders and I think it was after my time. But you can't forget about Jem and the Holograms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jem was pre-Stacy...... I was actually.... ummm.... 6.... Assuming I can do math with a mind numbing cold....

    ReplyDelete