Saturday, January 09, 2010

*sigh*

I know.... Motivation..... where do people find that? not just about the blogging.... I recently stumbled upon a friend's husband's weight loss blog and facebook page. How awesome! He is holding himself accountable to his friends.... I discovered that we have a lot of the same problems.... food is comfort... I've noticed a little weight gain this past semester but I excuse it because of school and work.... I'm good at excuses.... very believable they are.... So.... I'm holding myself accountable to you... So.... I don't want to pay for a gym membership right now because I expect to be moving in a couple months (hopefully after graduation.... FINALLY).... so I'm hoping to start by eating a little better.... I know there are a few websites out there that help with menu planning but my problem is I'm really picky! I ONLY like 2% or higher milk, I don't like pork (occaisionally some bacon), I don't eat that much beef and I feel like every menu on the planet involves pork or beef for every meal! I also am going to need something that offers a grocery list. Quick meals would be good too..... I'm almost to the point of having a diet of entirely raw vegetables lol.... I have a bit more free time this last semester.... apparently the last one was the toughest.... another reason to watch what I eat: I had TWO cavities at my check up with the dentist! TWO! My entire life's cavities more than doubled! :-).... I blame the soda and coffee that I lived on with those 0-2 hours of sleep nights.... Also when your on those websites where you put in what you ate that day and it calculates your calories/fat/protein/etc.... how do you put in something that you made that is a mixture of stuff? Like if I were to make my ratatouille recipe (amazing by the way) how would i go about putting that in? I dont really understand that... So let me know... I know most of you HAD to have done something like this at least once in your life. Which brings me to exercise.... I'm not about to bite off more than I can chew (I hope) so I'm going to start with the dieting.... I just want the exercise suggestions written down here somewhere.... I don't have a DVD player except my laptop so no DVD suggestions please.... I DO however have a VCR that I apparently think is portable as it gets transferred from bedroom to living room often. I also hate running with a passion. Moving on to personal issues of the mind.... I'm self conscious. Beyond a rational point. Everyone gets nervous going to the gym (holy cow look at that guys pipes or she wears a size zero pants which side note how can someone be a size zero?! thats like you dont exist but whatever) but i get panic attacks going to the grocery store.... and walmart.... and when i'm pumping gas... How do i get over THAT? i'm aware that its NUTS and irrational.... but i can't get beyond it. So... tips on that? last thing i think for the night.... If i don't see results NOW i lose interest.... so i guess it all comes back to motivation? so.... tips, tricks, and ideas.... thats your assignment.... :-D

2 comments:

  1. oh and if you can't post comments still, let me know.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes nuts... those are a good source of protein. It is funny you mention that you feel beef and pork are in every dish, I feel that way about chicken!

    My tips-take what you want away from these:
    I like sparkpeople.com. It had great calorie tracker and lots of good recipes! It does not have an automatic grocery list maker though.

    If you make a new recipe for yourself, you can enter the ingredients and it calculates the calories. If you use an ingredient or food that is not there, you can add the food into their database.

    If you use 2% milk, that is fine, just count that in your fat intake for the day. You don't have to give up something you really like (and that is good for you), just put it in your daily to keep track of how much you drink.

    Write down everything you eat- it is surprising when you do it. I also found that planning my meals works well and then get all the groceries you need for it. I hate grocery shopping to, but if I do it all at once I only have to go once!

    I have VCR workout videos you can have as I don't have a VCR anymore. And when the Tundra warms up.... walk!

    That is all for now... I am going to eat some cheerios for b-fast :)

    ReplyDelete